Simple Pie Crust Recipe
My family has used this flakey, and delicious Simple Pie Crust Recipe for decades. With just 4 ingredients, it’s so simple to make, and is perfect with ANY filling! My grandmother passed the recipe to her children, and then my mom shared it with my sister and I. While I rarely make the holiday pies, I have used this recipe for pot pie, apple pie, and our family favorite, chocolate pudding pie. My aunt can roll it and cut the most beautiful shapes for the crust. She braids it, she criss crosses it, she cuts mini apple leaves…her pies look amazing…my pies never look as pretty as hers, but they taste as good.
- 2 Cups of Flour (Plus extra to roll)
- 10 Tablespoons of Crisco
- 10 Tablespoons of COLD Water
- Pinch of salt
- Mix flour and salt in a cool bowl.
- Cut in Crisco.
- Once throughly cut in, add COLD water.
- Mix with your hands.
- Roll crust out and lay in pie plate.
- Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes unfilled or follow filling baking instructions
Once the pudding is ready, we gently pour it into the pie crust and allow it to cool to room temperature before we put it in the refrigerator overnight. Top with whipped cream and enjoy!