Espresso Martini Recipe
Happy National Espresso Day! I am not a coffee drinker, but, this is a drink I can enjoy! I know there are tons of recipes for Espresso Martinis all over the web, but this is a little different than most.
I made Espresso infused vodka, then I made a Kahlua style syrup without vodka (though, you can add vodka if you choose) and prepared my Martini using both, and splash of cream.
- 30-40 Espresso Beans
- 8 oz Vodka
- Wash espresso beans in cool water.
- Place cleaned beans in a ziploc baggie, and smash with a rolling pin.
- Pour beans into a jar, and top with Vodka.
- Let sit over night (or longer if you want a stronger coffee flavor), shaking occasionally.
- Strain smashed beans from the Vodka.
- Serve as is, or however you would like.
- It is easier to infuse the Vodka in a larger wide mouth mason jar style jar than the smaller mouth bottle I used.
- 2 cups of strong brewed coffee
- 3 cups of white sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 2+ tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2 cups of Vodka
- Mix all ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat
- Whisk until dry ingredients have dissolved
- Allow to cool to room temperature and use as is
- After the syrup has cooled, add 2 cups of Vodka
- 2 oz of Espresso Vodka
- 3 oz of Kahlua Style Syrup
- 2 oz of Cream
- Espresso beans to garnish
- Mix liquid ingredients in a shaker with or without crushed ice.
- Pour into Martini glass
- Garnish with a few whole Espresso beans
Whether you are making all of this as a gift, as a signature cocktail for a holiday party, or for yourself to enjoy, please enjoy responsibly.
Tags : Espresso, Espresso Martini, Everyday Party Magazine, Martini, recipe, Vodka