Simple Caramel Cream Sugar Cookie Swirls
Simple Caramel Cream Sugar Cookie Swirls. If you have followed the blog for any time, you know I love love love Caramel Cream and Cow Tales candies! I love using them to bake with, especially during the holiday season.
Be sure to scroll to the end of the post for more than 15 other delicious cookie recipes!This year, I wanted to try making Caramel Cream Sugar cookies. Start with your favorite sugar cookie recipe. (You can even use store bought dough, no one will know)
These cookies are as simple as allowing the dough to chill in the freezer or refrigerator for about 30 minutes and roll it out on a surface dusted with powdered sugar. Lay flattened Caramel Creams on top of the dough and roll into a tube. Place cookie dough back into the freezer for 30 more minutes and then slice cookies from the roll and cook according to baking instructions. Cool on cooling rack, and enjoy quickly because they won’t last long!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 20-30 unwrapped Caramel Cream Candies, softened
- Powdered sugar, for rolling out dough
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Place butter and sugar in large bowl of electric stand mixer and beat until light in color. Add egg and beat to combine.
- Put mixer on low speed, gradually add flour, and beat until mixture pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sprinkle surface where you will roll out dough with powdered sugar.
- Remove 1/2 of the cookie dough from the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle rolling pin with powdered sugar, and roll out dough to 1/4-inch thick.
- Add softened Caramel Creams on top of dough and roll into a "log"
- Place dough into the freezer for 30 min.
- Remove from the refrigerator and slice cookies.
- Place at least 1-inch apart on greased baking sheet, parchment, or silicone baking mat, and bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are just beginning to turn brown around the edges.
Be sure to swing by all the other amazing blogs and see their cookie recipes too!
Houseful Of Nicholes – Slow As Molasses Cookies
A Crafty Spoonful – Chocolate Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies
A Real Urban Mom – Chocolate Chip Cookies
Dash Of Evans – Cranberry Hootycreeks
Divas With A Purpose – Houseful Of Cookies 2017
Everyday Party Magazine – Simple Caramel Cream Sugar Cookies Swirls
Fab Haute Mama – Belgian Waffle Cookies
Good Girl Gone Redneck – Perfect Holiday Saltine Toffee Treat
Happily Homegrown – Old Fashioned Hermit Bar Cookies
Her Life On Purpose – Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
Honest & Truly! – Triple Chocolate Dipped Cookie
How Was Your Day – Houseful Of Cookies 2017
Hysterical Mom – Lemon Sugar Cookies
I am the Maven® – Moldy Mice Cookies
Keep Calm & Teach Fifth Grade – Winter Wonderland Sugar Cookies
Kenya Rae – Pecan White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Kiss My Tulle – Chunky Christmas Cookies
Mom On The Side – Hopscotch Crunchies Holiday Cookies
More Than Thursdays – Mint Surprise Sugar Cookies
Mother Of The World – Houseful Of Cookies 2017
Our Crafty Mom – Houseful Of Cookies 2017
Peyton’s Momma – Houseful Of Cookies 2017
Simplify Live Love – Double Chocolate Pomegranate Cookies
Teachable Mommy – 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
The Analytical Mommy – Favorite Lactation Cookie Recipe
The Biswolds – White Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies
The Olive Blogger – Gingerbread Biscotti
We’re Parents – Cranberry Cheesecake Cookies