After School Snack
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, INC. and The Coca-Cola Company, all opinions are mine alone. #AFreshIdeaForAfterSchool #CollectiveBias
After School Snack. My youngest son’s school serves lunch at 9:30 am, my oldest son eats lunch at 10:15 am! I wish I was kidding. So, when they come home around 2:15, they are ready to eat everything in the kitchen, even the kitchen sink. To help prevent them from becoming human vacuums, I try to have a snack ready and waiting for them.
My kids LOVE granola bars, and this summer we worked on our own recipe for granola bars. The kids enjoy making them as much as they do eating them. The recipe is simple, and can be easily edited to fit your family’s tastes.
- 2 1/2 C Oatmeal
- 3/4 C Peanut Butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/2 C Molasses
- 1/4-1/2 C Rasins
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- Warm peanut butter and molasses in microwave safe bowl for about 20 seconds and stir together
- Add oatmeal, raisins, cinnamon, and salt, and stir well
- Line a pan with parchment paper and add granola mix
- Flatten, and refrigerate for several hours or overnight
- Cut into bars and use parchment paper to wrap them
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator
- Add nuts or other mix ins for more variety
I saw the cutest printable place settings on a girl and her glue gun’s blog, and I knew I had to use them for our after school snack one day.
I ran to the store and grabbed the ingredients to make our granola bars, some fresh fruit, Coca-Cola™ Mini Cans, DASANI® water bottles (the boys like to take water bottles to school to keep in their backpacks too), and some fun party plates, straws, and back to school stickers.
I made a batch of granola bars, printed up the fun printable place settings, added stickers to straws, and added them to the Coca-Cola Mini Cans and taped them to the outside of the Dasani water bottles. The boys were so excited to see snacks waiting for them on the table when they got home from school.
How do you handle after school snack time? How will you pair Coca-Cola, DASANI, and or Gold Peak® to make a fresh idea for after school? Check out the hashtag #AFreshIdeaForAfterSchool on social media for more awesome inspiration!