Y’all, I love the Dollar Tree! Especially for Halloween craft projects. I recently saw the cutest Halloween oven mitt, but, it was TWENTY DOLLARS! Twenty dollars for an oven mitt I would use for two months a year, max! No, no thank you. So, I decided to DIY one with a Dollar Tree oven mitt. And, I am going to show you how easy it is! Then, when you’re done reading about that, check out the rest of the dollar store craft projects you can make with your Cricut or Silhouette below.
If you decide to make a purchase through my links, I will be paid a small commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional.
DIY Halloween Craft
I asked one of my artists to draw a skeleton hand for me, I converted it to an SVG file, and I love it so darn much! I am going to use it to make a shirt and maybe a sign too. But for now, I used it to make my very own Halloween oven mitt.
If you are crafty, you probably have all the supplies you need, except the oven mitt. I decided to order glow in the dark HTV for this project and I am so in love with it. It weeds like a dream!
Supplies (Amazon links)
This little project took less than 10 minutes from start to finish, and I couldn’t love the end result any more.
First, click over to the shop and grab the SVG file here. Use the code SKELETONHAND to download it F*R*E*E. Once you download the file, upload it into Cricut Design Space.
Then, size it to fit your oven mitt. Typically you need to mirror the cut when you cut out Iron On, but since this is an oven mitt, there is not need.
Cut out the Iron On, and weed the excess.
Now, use the EasyPress Mini to press the Iron On onto the oven mitt.
Be sure to check out the rest of these awesome dollar store crafts you can make with your Cricut too!
- Reverse Canvas from Happy Go Lucky
- Dollar Store Fall Sign from Hello Creative Family
- Yoda Night Light from Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Before/After School Mug and Wine Glass from Happiness is Homemade
- Infusible Ink Placemat from Crafting in the Rain
- Skeleton Hand Oven Mitt from Everyday Party Magazine
- Painted Acrylic Sign from The Country Chic Cottage
- Penmanship Tracing Mats from That’s What Che Said
- Potholder Baking Mix Gift Set from Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Gaming Organization Bins
- Hanging Mask Organizer from Mad in Crafts