I learned how to make door mats last year, and I cannot.stop.making them now! They are so easy and so much fun to make! And, I am super excited to share this DIY welcome mat project and FREE SVG file with you so you can make all the welcome mats too.
If you decide to make a purchase through my links, I will be paid a small commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional.
Front Door Signs
I tend to change out my front entry decorations often. It’s so easy to change up the whole look with a few simple DIY projects and scrap craft supplies.
I have loads of signs and several welcome mats, but these are some of my favorite projects!
Make a DIY Welcome Mat Project
It is super easy to make custom door mats, and after you buy the supplies to make the first one, they are inexpensive to make! Click the Amazon links below to buy everything you need. And, be sure to check out my Amazon Store for party supplies, DIY tools, and more!
DIY Door Mat Project Supplies
First, download the SVG file. It’s in the shop, here. Use the code THEDOGS to download it FREE!
Then, upload the file to Design Space or Design Studio, and cut the design out of freezer paper. Be sure to mirror the cut. Now, weed the freezer paper.
Next, use an iron to gently melt the freezer paper onto the door mat. Don’t really press it on, just enough to hold it in place and create a secure stencil.
Then, spray the FlexSeal Spray Paint on the mat. Be sure to tape off any areas that do not need to be painted.
Welcome Mat SVG Files
Be sure to check out the rest of these awesome cut files to make your own custom door mat too!
- Yay You’re Here – Persia Lou
- Smile You’re on Camera – Brooklyn Berry
- No Soliciting – 30 Minute Crafts
- Welcome to Our Home – We Can Make That
- Just So You Know – That’s What Che Said
- Home Sweet Home – Hello Creative Family
- Doorbell Broken – Yell Ding Dong Really Loudly – The Girl Creative
- The House Was Clean – Life Sew Savory
- Welcomeish – Homemade Heather
- Home – Try It Like It
- No Need to Knock – Everyday Party Magazine
- Welcome to Our Happy Place – Kara Creates
- Don’t Step on My Wiener (Dog) – Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Come in we are awesome – Liz on Call
- hello – unOriginal Mom
- Welcome I hope you texted first – Weekend Craft