Don’t Fore-get Dad!
Don’t Fore-get Dad Father’s Day Celebration by Banner Events. I love Banner Events, both personally and professionally. Her party style is timeless and classic, but fun and friendly at the same time! I remember the first time I saw this golf party and I loved it then as much as I do today.
From Banner Events:
Do not ‘fore’get to celebrate good ‘ol Dad this coming June. Want to give him a par’tee’ that is sure to drive a smile? Score a ‘hole-in-one’ with a golf themed spread that he is sure to love! Any small space can be transformed into a golfer’s paradise, even his office! To create our look, we covered an executive-style office desk with an earth toned tablecloth, added a ‘putting green’ runner (astro turf from a home improvement store works great!), some burlap for the sandtrap, a few containers of artificial grass & the basics were covered for one tee-riffic party!
Of course, printables always help to tie in the theme, add a pop of color and bring that added pizzazz that make celebrations go from ordinary to extraordinary. Dear old dad is worth the extra effort, right? This gorgeous golf themed printable set by Bird’s Party combines classic argyle and striped patterns in shades of aqua, green, navy and white. From the adorable par-tee banner to the coordinating drink wraps & circle labels, it was the ‘par’fect touch!
– To add some interest to our par-tee, I filled containers with artificial grass balls, color coordinating golf tees, plastic practice golf balls & such.
– If you’re dad is an avid golfer, finding old golf paraphanelia around your home shouldn’t be hard. I used a pair of golf shoes, a golf statue, some old golf clubs and an old trophy to bring in some personal items to our display.
– Old rustic silver pails, glass apothecary jars & vessels were all used to house coordinating themed treats & decor. Golf silhouettes and printable subway art were hung in picture frames on the wall to coordinate.
Jones Soda bottles and water bottles were accented with drink wraps, cute party straws, golf tees & mini golf pennant flags.
Darling cupcakes with grass-like frosting from Wanna Cupcake were perched atop styrofoam covered in astroturf.
The cutest putting green & golf ball cake pops from Pop.O.Licious Cake Pops were nestled in spray painted plastic trophies purchased at the dollar store & an old metal pail filled with green shred to resemble grass.
Mini golf themed artisan chocolates from Vita Dolce Chocolates were housed in individual mini pail favors (to resemble range buckets).
The highlight of our dessert buffet included a beautiful cake from Celebrity Cake Studio. Gorgeous details from the printables were recreated on the cake, from the striking argyle pattern, to the golf landscape & oversized golf ball and tee. It definitely was the focal point of our dessert display!
Incredibly detailed fondant pieces were masterfully designed by Edible Details. Three dimensional golf clubs accessorized our peanut ‘putter’ parfaits par-fectly! I adore the 3-D golf balls, that sat impressively atop real golf tees in the centers of gourmet cupcakes made to resemble patches of grassy course. And, the golf cart fondant toppers were phenomenal!
Cookies Are My Canvas captured the beauty of Bird’s printables on a cookie!
Sweet Temptations also provided delicious golf-themed chocolate covered Oreos, great for everyone celebrating Dad!
– Donute ‘Holes-in One’
– Peanut ‘Putter’ PAR-faits
– Tee-riffic Cake Pops
– Caddy Cookies
– ‘Sweet Spot’ Cookies
– Golf ball cake
– Chocolate Covered Oreos (golf-themed design)
– Cupcakes (with putting green, golf cart & golf ball fondant toppers)
– Chocolate ‘Dirt Clods’ (mini artisan chocolates)
– ‘Water hazard’ (water)
– Jones Soda in coordinating colors (white, green, aqua)
A full course menu could include a wide range of additional golf themed items such as ‘club’ sandwiches, a ‘wedge’ salad, ‘greens’, ‘chips’ & dip and so forth. The possibilities for honoring dad for Father’s Day with this golf theme are endless! ‘Putting’ a smile on Dad’s face this year can be easy!
VENDOR CREDITS & RESOURCES:
– Complete styling: Jen Carver, Banner Events
– Photography: A Fresh Take Photography
– Printable Graphics: Bird’s Party
– Cake: Celebrity Cake Studio
– Cupcakes: Wanna Cupcake
– Cake Pops: Pop.O.Licious Cake Pops
– Fondant (golf clubs, golf bag, cupcake toppers): Edible Details
– Cookies: Cookies Are My Canvas
– Chocolate Covered Oreos: Sweet Temptations
– Artisan Chocolates: Vita Dolce Chocolates