Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes. Every now and then the boys will ask me to make them a special treat. Most of the time they are content with photo shoot cast off treats though. Recently, my oldest asked me to make him something delicious with pumpkin spice. Now, I may get shot for this, but I really don’t care for pumpkin spice…anything…maybe my homemade marshmallows…
While the big kid was at school, I whipped up a batch of semi-homemade Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with a rich, creamy vanilla bean cream cheese frosting.
I made a dozen and they were gone in no time! He’s asked me to make them twice more since then, I guess I should go ahead and do that for him.
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Cinnamon Apple Sauce
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Pumpin Spice
- Fresh ground nutmeg and cinnamon
- 3 Cups Sifted Powdered Sugar
- 8 Oz Room Temperature Cream Cheese
- 1.5 Sticks Butter
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Paste
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Mix cake ingredients together in large bowl and fill lined cupcake pan 1/2-3/4 full.
- Bake at 350* for 15-18 minutes
- While Baking, mix frosting
- Pipe room temperature frosting onto cool cupcakes