Butter Beer Ice Cream Recipe
I am so excited to join in Rae Gun Ramblings and her Harry Potter Series! We love Harry Potter at the house, and have since the very first book came out many many years ago. Since this week is Ice Cream and Slushie week on my blog, I thought it would be fun to share a Butter Beer Ice Cream Recipe.
The recipe is a spin off of the basic no churn recipe I shared on Sunday. However, I used the flavored whipped cream from my butter beer recipe instead of the plain whipped cream.
- 1 Cup light or dark brown sugar
- 3/4 Cup heavy whipping cream (divided)
- 2 TBS water
- 6 TBS butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Bring sugar and water to a gentle boil over medium heat in a small sauce pan. Stir often. (about 4-5 min)
- Turn off the burner
- Stir in butter, salt, vinegar and 1.5 oz of the heavy whipping cream
- Set aside and allow to cool to room temp
- Add extract
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 TBS of the sugar syrup and the remaining cream
- Mix with an electric mixer until thick, but not whipped (about 2 minutes)
We topped ours with more syrup and cream, because, well, it is just that good! You could even just make simple vanilla ice cream and top with the syrup and whipped cream.
Be sure to check out more fabulous Harry Potter inspiration over at Rae Gun Ramblings!
AND, don’t forget to enter the FABULOUS giveaway too!!!
Prize Pack #1
See more about each prize and sponsor at this giveaway post and be sure to enter the other equally awesome prize pack while you’re there! Winner must have a US address or be willing to pay for international shipping.
- Maroon and Gold Magic Wand Holster and Magic Wand (toddler, child, or adult sizes available)
- Hogwarts House Scarf (choice of which house)
- Hogwarts Graduation Year Shirt (choice of baby to adult size with custom graduation year)
- Librarian Glasses Pillow (Pillow form provided by Fairfield World)
- The Unofficial Guide to Crafting the World of Harry Potter
- Personalized Hogwarts Acceptance Letter
- Illustrated Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- Hogwart’s House Tie Necklace (choice of colors)
- Owl Crate Upcoming August Box
- Lit Joy Crate May Box
- Classic Maillot Swimsuit SEWING PATTERN