Anyone Can be A Father…
Anyone Can be A Father by Eye Candy Creative Studio. My mom met my Dad when I was a toddler. On my own, I called him Daddy. He hugged me when I cried, he made sure my homework was done correctly, he loved me as much as his very own, he watched with a protective eye when I brought home a boyfriend, he always told me “to have fun, and be good.” I was his sweetheart, and not a day goes by that I don’t think about him and miss him. This free printable from Eye Candy Creative Studio is such a great print, and if my Dad was here still, I would be giving this to him.
From Eye Candy Creative Studio:
Father’s Day is fast approaching and I think it’s always a great time to reflect on the relationships with our fathers, step-fathers or the father figures in our lives. It gives us a chance to let them know how special they are to us and what a difference they have made in our lives. I know some may think this day is silly as we should be celebrating our loved ones every day . . . to which I would respond ‘that is true’ . . . however, to have a complete day devoted to those special guys I think is pretty cool. So cool in fact that I was inspired to create a new hand lettered art print to celebrate the day along with you and this time I’m offering it as a FREE download! YAY! Not only am I going to share a simple way to celebrate all of the fathers, dads, pops or whatever endearing name you choose to call this person, but I’m also offering a gift that you can give, to show them just how much they mean to you!
I love simple celebrations. You know the ones. The ones where you can just grab a few things you already have around the house and turn it into something special to celebrate an occasion . . . those are my fave!
For this Father’s Day dessert table idea I knew I wanted to keep it on the ‘masculine’ side without a lot of frills but I wanted to add some bold colors too. I also wanted to make sure and add some of his favorite things to munch on plus aim for that perfect balance of salty and sweet on the table.
- For the background, I kept it simple using some kraft paper and for the banner I used a roll of wrapping paper I had, cut it into strips, taped the tops down over some rope and done. A fun festive banner that took about 5 minutes! Simple but yet adds so much color to the overall table!
- On the kitchenette table I used a few placemats to create a simple design, added a few dishes and cake stands, then made sure the layout looked good before putting everything in it’s place. I always lay them out empty before adding the final food idea – keeps it easier for me.
- My goal with the food was to incorporate a little salty with the sweet but not have a ton of food either. I decided on some shelled peanuts spilling out onto the table for ease of grabbing. Those delicious orange slice candies in a small dish as my candy item. Then I set some fresh oranges and blueberries out to enjoy as well since I had them in the infused blueberry and orange pitcher of water I made.
- The centerpiece was our family’s favorite ice cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery, called “Tall, Dark & Delicious”, with some fresh blueberries surrounding the base, because as I have told you before . . .it IS the best! Just imagine the layers of moist Devil’s Food Cake, Sweet Cream Ice Cream with Brownies & Chocolate Ice Cream with OREO® Cookies wrapped in fluffy White Frosting and cascading Fudge Ganache. Doesn’t that just sound fabulous? This is WHY it’s a fave in my house! This is my third time partnering up with my friends at Cold Stone Creamery and it’s because we LOVE them! You may remember my “hero” themed dessert table I did last year in partnership with them. The best part of getting these cakes every year, is how simple it is to get . . . I just order online at ColdStoneCakes.com and pick it up! Doesn’t get much easier than that and have I mentioned the fact that there is always leftovers??!! Oh my YUM!
- To keep the decor simple, I just added a few pieces like the lantern on the candlestick holder, some small decorative plates, added the drinking straws, dessert plates and napkins and you have an amazingly simple set-up all ready to celebrate the daddys out there!
As I mentioned, I was inspired to design a hand lettered FREEBIE for you to download, so you can gift it to your dad this year. The “Anyone can be a father but it takes a special person to be a DAD” hand lettered art print! It’s very simple to download, simply click on this FREE Father’s Day Art Print link, print and then frame it up and you have a nice gift to hand to your pops this Father’s Day! I have also made it easy for you with two different sizes I am offering in this print: a 5×7 Father’s Day art print or the 8×10 Father’s Day art print! They are both created using the same colors of navy with a touch of orange but come in two sizes.
So go. Print this off so you can check off a gift for the pops from your ‘to-do’ list and make sure to visit Cold Stone Creamery for your dessert so you can enjoy a slice of heaven this Father’s Day!
Happy Father’s Day to all of the dads out there and the people who step in and play the part of ‘dad’. We need you. We love you. We celebrate YOU!