Sweet Spring Treats
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC. All opinions are mine alone. #SpringMoments #CollectiveBias
Sweet Spring Treats. Each Spring season we are blessed to have several bird families take up residence in our yard. It is the sweetest thing to see, and I look forward to it every year. Fresh flowers, sweet baby birds chirping, and this year, we have our outdoor party space to enjoy the beautiful sights, sounds, and smells of the season.
I thought it would be fun to invite a few of my girlfriends over for a little mom’s morning in, and I took inspiration from my surroundings for the food and decor. I wanted to have a little girl time, and share a fun and simple recipe idea and ideas for Easter.
Before our get together, I ran to Sam’s Club to grab some goodies, especially a bag of Mars Chocolate Spring Mixed Minis, because, all my favorites in one bag? YES PLEASE!
Our family Easter egg hunts are EPIC, so I find myself answering a lot of questions about out Easter celebrations this time of year. We all love hunting for eggs, so we have kid and adult hunts. We are passionate egg hunters and as soon as everyone is ready, The HUNT is ON! We fill eggs with Mars Chocolate Spring Mixed Minis, small toys, gift cards, and even money!
My girlfriends and I wanted to make something simple and fun for our Spring celebrations, and there isn’t much easier than bird nest treats with M&M’S® as tiny bird eggs.
- 1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Cup Chow Mein Noodles or Small Pretzel Sticks
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 3 M&M'S® Candies per nest
- Melt butter and marshmallows together in microwave safe bowl. (About 1 minute)
- Stir in Chow Mein Noodles/Pretzels
- Coat inside of small ramekins with butter
- Add marshmallow/Chow Mein Noodle mix to ramekins, and shape to look like a nest
- Refrigerate until cooled, and remove nests from ramekins.
- Add M&M'S® candies to each nest.
- This recipe makes 4 birds nests