Halloween Bone Treats with Cow Tales Minis
This review is based strictly on my opinion. Others may have a different opinion or experience with the product listed above. I was provided the sample free of charge by the company or PR agency and I proved my honest opinion.
Halloween Bone Treats with Cow Tales Minis. My family loves to make spooky fun treats throughout the month of October. It seems like every snack has to be something spooky or creepy. The boys favorite way to add a little spook to their treats is with a simple cookie cutter.
A family favorite treat is Crispy Moos. They are similar to a puffed rice cereal treat, but topped with a caramel and vanilla glaze and chopped Cow Tales Minis. Unfortunately, Crispy Moos are very hard to find locally, and even though we can order them, sometimes the need for these treats is too strong to wait for shipping. So, I decided to surprise the guys with a fun and somewhat spooky homemade version! I made a bunch, and I know a few people that really love Crispy Moos too, so I whipped up a printable tag to tie on to a cello bag, and now we can drop off some fun, and YUMMY treats!
Once they set, I used a bone shaped cookie cutter to cut out two different sizes. I sprinkled some with festive Halloween jimmies, and I covered others in Cow Tale Minis that I rolled flat and cut with the bone shaped cookie cutters. The boys can’t decide which way they like them best.
- 6 C. Puffed Rice Cereal
- 1 Bag Large Marshmallows
- 10 Cow Tales Minis Candies, cut into thirds
- 3 TBS Butter
- Add Marshmallows, cut Cow Tales Minis, and butter into a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 3 minutes, or until melted; stop to stir every minute.
- Mix in cereal until well combined, and transfer to a greased casserole dish.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut shapes.
- Optional: Add sprinkles or roll out Cow Tales Minis and cut with cookie cutter and top the Crispy Treats.
You can download the free printable bag of bones tags here. Please remember free printables are for personal use only. They cannot be edited, altered, or resold.