Chocolate Caramel Cream Mini Cakes
This review is based strictly on my opinion. Others may have a different opinion or experience with the product listed above. I was provided the sample free of charge by the company or PR agency and I have given my honest opinion.
Chocolate Caramel Cream Mini Cakes. You guys! I cannot get enough of this cake! I made 6 of them a few weeks ago, and I am literally salivating writing this post right now and thinking about them. They were just.that.good. They aren’t too hard to make, several steps, but nothing too difficult. Be sure to check out the other amazing recipes from over 10 more bloggers at the bottom!
I shared a sneak peek of the cake in the newest issue of EPM. The recipe starts with a boxed cake mix. I added an extra egg and swapped the oil out for real butter. It made the cake taste more homemade. While the cake was baking (in a casserole dish) I made chocolate Caramel Cream Sauce. The recipe is on the Caramel Creams site. Chocolate Caramel Creams are so yummy! A little digging on Pinterest yielded a recipe for Salted Caramel Buttercream from my friend at Tikkido. She gave me the confidence I needed to toss heavy caramel sauce into fluffy delicious buttercream. Make the Chocolate Caramel Cream buttercream and set aside. Once the cake was fully baked, I allowed it to cool for just a few minutes, and carefully flipped it out of the casserole dish onto a cooling rack. I used a hear shaped cookie cutter to cut out 6 heart shaped mini cakes. I put the mini cakes in the freezer for an hour to let them firm so I could cut them easily. Once they were firm, I cut them in half, giving me 12 mini cakes; 6 tops and 6 bottoms. I added a generous amount of Chocolate Caramel Butter cream on the bottom cake and then put the top back on the cake. Now, I was ready to make the ganache, and pour it on top of the mini cakes. Finally, I dusted each mini cake with a dash of powdered sugar and served with fresh strawberries.
- Boxed Cake Mix & Listed Ingredients plus 1 egg and milk
- Chocolate Caramel Cream Sauce
- 2 Sticks of Butter
- 2 Cups of Powdered Sugar
- 2 TBS Heavy Cream
- 12 Oz Chocolate Chips
- 8 Oz Heavy Cream
- Prepare cake according to package directions, but add an extra egg, and half as much oil. Substitute milk for the other 1/2 of the oil. Bake in casserole dish. Remove from dish and allow to cool on cooling rack.
- Cut out heart shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Place in freezer for 1 hour
- Make buttercream while the cakes are in the freezer.
- Whip the butter, powdered sugar, cream, and caramel sauce in mixer.
- Remove cakes from the freezer and slice in half. (You should have 12 mini hearts now)
- Add buttercream to 6 cakes, and top with the other half.
- Place on cooling rack.
- Make ganache. Heat heavy cream to slow boil, and remove from heat. Add chocolate chips, and cover, let sit for 5 minutes. Gently whisk until chocolate has melted. Let sit for 3 minutes. Spoon over cakes and allow to cool.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving
Be sure to check out these other amazing Valentine’s Day recipes too!
[inlinkz_linkup id=695907 mode=1]