Jalapeno Mac and Cheese Bite Recipe
This delicious Jalapeño Mac and Cheese Bite Recipe was shared in the most recent issue of Everyday Party Magazine. (Available on Magcloud.com now) and it is PERFECT for your Super Bowl Viewing Party!
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or colby jack blend)
- 6 T unsalted butter, melted
- 8 oz dried elbow macaroni
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar or colby jack blend)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped jalapeños (seeds removed), plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Sriracha sauce (optional), for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 deg F. Using non-stick cooking spray, spray the insides of 2 mini-muffin pans (24 in each pan).
- In a mixing bowl, stir together crust ingredients until combined. Press small scoops of mixture into the bottom and up the sides of each of the mini-muffin cups. Set aside.
- Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions, until al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water to stop cooking process, and set aside.
- Make your cheese sauce base: Heat milk in heavy bottomed pan over medium heat until it starts to bubble, but not boil. In another heavy bottomed pot, melted the butter over medium heat. When melted, add the flour and whisk constantly for 2-3 minutes, until the mixture is slightly brown. Remove from the heat. Slowly pour in the warm milk, whisking constantly until all of the milk is incorporated. Return to the stove and whisk over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until the sauce comes together and is smooth and thick. Add the salt and pepper and stir.
- To your cheese sauce base, add the shredded cheese, cream cheese, and chopped jalapeños and stir until the cream cheese is melted. Remove from heat and stir in the cooked macaroni.
- Add scoops of mac and cheese to the prepared mini-muffin cups, heaping them a little. Sprinkle with panko bread crumbs.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until they start to brown on the edges and top. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Remove the bites carefully using a small spatula. Top with jalapeños and/or Sriracha sauce for extra heat!
Recipe from Two Penn Studio:
Jalapeno Popper Mac and Cheese Bites